Dr. Cynthia Matyas has always had a keen interest in vision and learning. She graduated from the School of Optometry at University of Waterloo in 1986. Then, she completed a Vision Training Residency at SUNY School of Optometry in New York City. She obtained a M.Sc. degree in Kinesiology, also at University of Waterloo, studying visual motor integration. Dr. Matyas offers in-office vision training (vision therapy) at her practice.
Dr. Cynthia Matyas provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Eyewear Designing and Dispensing
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Reading, and Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as Amblyopia or Lazy Eye, Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder), Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation